Have you considered flood insurance?

Flood damage is caused by water entering your home at or below ground level, and there are a variety of causes, including but not limited to:

  • Rapid snow melt
  • Heavy rainfall
  • Storm surge
  • Dam failure

Standard homeowner policies typically do not include flood protection. However, you can obtain flood insurance through the federal government’s National Flood Insurance Program to cover flood loss such as structural damage, flooring replacement, flood debris cleanup and replacement of your contents.

If you live in a particularly hazardous flood zone, your mortgage lender may have already required you to purchase insurance. If you don’t, you may be eligible for a preferred risk flood policy. These policies offer up to $350,000 in building and contents coverage, and the average cost is less than $400 per year.*

If you’d like to learn more about how you can secure flood protection, your Horace Mann representative can help.


Horace Mann Insurance Company and its affiliates underwrite Horace Mann homeowners insurance. Flood insurance is underwritten by Wright Flood and is issued pursuant to the federal flood insurance program.

WBTL-0841 (Feb. 21)

© 2023 Horace Mann Educators Corporation

CUSTOMER SERVICE Call 800-999-1030

  • Auto and Property
    M – F, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Central time.
  • Life, Annuity and Group
    M – F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Central time.